Sunday, April 14, 2013

We've moved

Well.  It finally happened   We finally accepted that we are city folk and need to live in a real neighborhood and not in the woods.  After being in the woods for eight years, we picked up our stuff and left.  Don't get me wrong... I love the woods: the sounds of the tree frogs, the stars peeking through the trees, and the deer eating their breakfast in our backyard.  The cons out weighed the pros though.  So goodbye wasps.  Goodbye snakes (even though we only saw one).  Goodbye to not knowing anyone on our street super well.

Hello neighborhood that has a name!  Hello people our own age!  Hello children who are smiling and riding their bikes around happily!  Hello to the most wonderful neighbors to have in the whole world....The Bettinardi's!!!!  It's like a Delmarr reunion up in here.  Nathan's BFF (boy friend forever) lives five houses down with his lovely wife and three cute as heck kids.  We have spent more time with them in the past month then we have in the past few years.

Having kids and working is hard on relationships.  It's so easy to bury our heads, get in our own little routines, and not reach out to those we love to say, "Yo!  What's up?"  Now we don't have an excuse.  I'm so thankful we moved here because now the girls play often.  Jamie and I are really getting to know each other.  (Oh my word!  She's the most talented do it yourself-er I've ever seen.  I hope it rubs off on me.)  And the men in our lives get to sit on the couch together and watch late night tv just like they did back in the day.  They don't talk much, but to see them is to see pure bliss.  Ah...young love.  (Heehee)

We're almost unpacked.  Just have the office and the garage to do.  I get to Thirty-One the office!  So pumped about having my own workspace instead of the couch or dining room table.  Our dining room table is to die for now though.  It's blue!!  I had it redone at The Green Label by the very talented Billie.  I have a list of furniture I plan to send her way!!

So far everyone has been friendly and welcoming!  I have met some super nice neighbors and look forward to getting to know them.  I'm also looking forward to using the neighborhood pool.  It's two houses down!  Can't wait to have neighborhood parties and gatherings.  There's even a neighborhood garage sale next week!  I'm not selling anything because I can't stand selling at garage sales, but you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be buying from some!

I'm so thankful for the new place.  The old place is still on the market.  I hope someone falls in love with it like we did.  Maybe it'll be some true woodsy folk who can love even more than us.  We made some amazing memories there (and damn cute kids!  HA!).  Can't wait to make even more amazing memories here (but no more kids.  Two is plenty!).

No comments:

Post a Comment