I've been trying to open up my heart to God more. Not just praying for things I want or for things that others need, but really trying to have a two way conversation where I listen more to Him. He said to me, "What about the people in Haiti?" That stopped my sassy dialogue in my head about the crazy week we've had. I immediatly deleted the draft of my other post. I've decided to focus on the postivies of this week.
-Nathan figured out what was wrong with our fridge Sparky. Certified Appliance came out and fixed the problem for only $90.05. Heck of a lot cheaper than a new fridge.
-We started a new diet "Body by Glamour." I've lost six pounds in a week without starving myself, working myself out to death, or eating crazy soups, drinks, etc. It's been really healthy and I've learned some new recipes that I love. Looking forward to the next eleven weeks.
-Sid hasn't had the 'rea in over 24 hours. Poor baby still feels bad. She threw up today. She was incrediably clingy to me today. Nathan and I were able to make her laugh a few times, get some rest, eat a little and drink a little. She had four pee diapers! God Bless her that she feels so much better tomorrow. She's breaking my heart, but I'm learning more of what it takes to be a good Mom and I'm trying the best I know how.
-I've relied a lot on my own Mom looking for advice and someone to use as a springboard for the week. She's my best girl friend. We talk at least once a day if not more and I'm totally grateful for her. I know I don't tell her or show her enough. I hope she knows she means the world to me.
-Nathan's work week has been insane and high stress. He does so much for this family by bearing the weight of the finances. I'm so thankful he has a job he's a star at and that he works as hard as he does.
-The storm of 2010 blew in last night. We were prepared for similiar ice events as last year (multiple trips to the store, getting out our power outage gear, moving wood). Luckily we haven't had to use it. Nathan worked from home today. It was so nice to have him here when Sid wasn't feeling 100%. The snow outside is so beautiful. The last time I remember having this much snow was at our first house in Arkansas. I love it!
Back to what God asked me earlier. I am so thankful for all my blessings. There are so many tragedies and heartaches in the world at any given time. You don't have to look very far to find it: earthquake in Haiti, wars around the globe, children being abused, death and destruction, you name it and it's out there. I needed a reminder to take a step back from my own little world and get some perspective on how lucky Team Adams really is. I'm not saying you'll never hear or read me complaining again, but I'm telling you that God is amazing. He has a reason for everything. He loves us. We don't deserve it all the time, but if we keep trying to keep some perspective, pay forward the kindness, follow Him, and have faith it'll all work out.
How can you find perspective? What can you focus on instead of only focusing on the negative? To paraphrase Conan O'Brien's goodbye speech on the Tonight Show, "Don't be cynical." What a great message and a great focus during those times that seem to crazy to get past.
Well said. :)
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great post! We are all so blessed, and I am so with you, it is more fun to focus on all of the positive things rather than the negative. It will just bring you down. Thank you for the reminder! Love ya.
ReplyDeleteYes, I do have a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes...WOW what a post! You'll never know how proud I am of you...you are so very, very special, my dear. LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete