Before I leave for my adventure tomorrow, I had to mention how thankful I am to be so blessed. Tonight when Evan woke himself up and needed a diaper change and a nip on the bottle, he just made me laugh as he melted my heart. He looked around for his Daddy and said, "Da-Da?" He cuddled into my arms and nuzzled my neck. He peeked at me and laughed with his eyes all squished tight. He danced his no-no-no dance. He felt perfect in my arms. I have the sweetest little boy in the world. I'm so thankful to be his "Ma-Ma."
I feel the same about Miss Sass Sidney. I love how she questions everything. It can drive me crazy how she pushes the boundaries and at times my buttons, but I know she's just trying things out and figuring out how everything works. I saw the sweet joy in her eyes during her first dance class Monday. She lost herself in the mirror as she followed her instructors through the different exercises. She looked so sure of herself and so in the moment of the music. I am very proud to be her Mommy. Cuddling with her in bed while reading the Bible reminds me to thank God and Jesus and her Guardian Angel for allowing me the honor of knowing her and loving her. I pray that they remind every second that that sweet little girl is watching my every move, hearing my every word, and observing my every reaction. All these moments will make her the person she's destined to become.
The house is way too quiet with Jester and Nathan gone. I can't wait to see my Bahtoo tomorrow and have some us time. We need it. A moment to get away from the stress, the pressure, and all the things that distract us from what we really are...two people who became best friends at a track practice forever ago. We've spoken every night since then and we've been so lucky to create a beautiful Team Adams that I am thankful for everyday. I love him....all of them so much.
To be totally honest, I'm also looking forward to having a day almost totally to myself. Sounds a bit selfish after relishing how much I love everyone from what I wrote above. I'm excited to get lost in a city I've never been to. I'm ready to do whatever tickles my fancy and be reminded who I am when I am all alone and all my labels or hats that I wear if you will are put on hold for a few hours.
Thanks Mom and Dad for watching the kids and keeping my most precious things safe. I love you for that among 100 million other reasons. Off to bed to prepare for a safe flight (I hate flying!!!) and a fun adventure. Hope I remembered to pack everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment