Do: Always take care of your baby when you think she's going to trip, fall, or be run over by your 90 lb. goofy dog.
Don't: Don't attempt this while wearing 3 inch heels (they were hella cute by the way), standing on the brick step in the garage, one arm full of things for a sleepover at Gramma C's, the other hand holding sweet Sidney's hand, and when she's really in no danger at all. I totally bit it. I slipped off the step, twisted my foot around, and have a mega gash in the top of my foot. The top of my foot turned purple. I slammed into all the random junk we have in the garage. I bounced off the bumper of Nathan's Monte Carlo with my chest. I got stuck on the paint can that's been there for a month since I can't seem to finish the laundry room.
Needless to say, Sid didn't even flinch. Jester wasn't close to her at all. I was stuck till Nathan found us. Sid says over and over, "Mama? Mama?" I'm trying to convince her I'm fine while trying not to cuss. (We've given it up since she's a parrot.) She keeps kissing my foot and Nathan helps me up to get cleaned off. I left the shoes at home.
Do: Go bowling with Nathan, my bro, my sister in law, and my wonderful cousin I hadn't seen in 8 years. Fast Lanes was a blast!
Don't: Don't wear a white linen skirt in a black light lit bowling alley. Jason's comment to me was, "Are you wearing underwear?" The answer, "Of course!! I'm also wearing a slip." Guess the weird lighting illuminated the ol' legs so you could see shadows through my skirt. Sexy!
Do: Enjoy the beverages at Fast Lanes. Be confident wearing the fantastically flattering bowling shoes with a white linen skirt. Dance to the music pumping through the speakers.
Don't: Don't do this all at the same time and fall and almost smash your face into the table or floor. Yep, I bit it. Hard and fast. Happened so quick, I didn't realize it happened. I'm laughing on the floor. The bowlers in the next lane look at me horrified, asking if I'm ok. I'm fine except for the floor burns on my knees. Looked like I fell in basketball practice.
Do: Stay up late and hang out with the fam I haven't hung out with in forever. We bonded more than ever and got to know each other.
Don't: Don't stay up to 1:30 in the morning then sleep in the same room as your husband and your 19 month old and try to sneak to the bathroom at 5 in the morning. Room was so dark, I'm pretty sure I bumped into something thus waking up the baby who screamed her new favorite phrase, "DOWN, NOW!!" There was no way she was going back to sleep so we went to the living room at Papi and Gramma C's and watched Sesame Street and played. Who needs sleep?
I'm so grateful for my life and my family. Love it!!
Oh- Linds! I am so glad that I have a sweet friend that is as graceful as I am. So sad to hear about all of the new wounds! Miss you! Can you and Sid come over this week for a playgroup/ time? Want to see ya!
ReplyDelete