Thursday, August 5, 2010

So you say it's your birthday?

Our dear Muffin turned two last week!  Two!!  Can't believe it.  She's so into Dora right now so we wanted the ultimate birthday bash.  I shamelessly borrowed a poster idea from Caryn and Heather.  I decided to start our three poster art project the last week and a half of my most recent grad school class.  Needless to say, Nathan and I had late nights painting and painting and painting.  He's such a trooper.  I think he calculated we spent about 15 to 20 hours on these.  Now that the party is done, I don't know what to do with them!!  Heehee.
This is Nathan painting Isa, Benny, and Tico.  Check out that concentration!
Here I'm painting Dora and Boots.  This picture encouraged me to get my hair colored again!!  I'm blonde, blonde now.  :)
So pretty!  These posters were a surprise for Sidney.  We only worked on them when she was sleeping and they hid downstairs.  On her birthday party morning, she woke up to life size friends!

Needless to say she was totally surprised!


The Fiesta Trio and Jester in the background!

The cutest thing was she kept saying, "Oh!  Benny," or "Oh!  Dora and Boots the Monkey!!"  By this morning it was all decorated and Sidney loved it!
Right before Party Time!
"I love Dora!!"  This was only a snippet of the week.  More to come soon......

No comments:

Post a Comment