We really enjoyed Sidney's birthday, but I think she did even more so than we did which is just as it should be. (it doesn't look like it from this picture, but she is happy! She was excited to pick out her own outfit!) On her birthday day, I asked her what she wanted to do and she said she wanted to go to the library for story time. Away we went! We were there for the baby reading time. She's probably too old, but she loves the bubbles and sits so well during story time, we had to go! Everyone ended up singing "Happy Birthday" to her. She also got to cash in her reading log for the summer. She met her quota of 30 min a day for the summer. She got to choose a book from a big cart. She chose a Clifford book. She also got stickers and a pencil. Nice bday present! We went to Kupcakes to pick up her birthday cupcakes for dinner. We of course had to split one there. She wanted "Buzz Lityeer!" The pics of the fun are on my Iphone. Don't know how to put them on here.
For dinner that night we had Sidney's favorite: chicken nuggets, ketchup, mac and cheese, and of course her number one fave GREEN BEANS! That girl has ate more cans of green beans than I have in my 30 years. :) We then enjoyed more cupcakes for dinner. This time she got a candle and we sang Happy Birthday.
This is such a great Sidney face. It says, "Why are there candles in my way of eating all this frosting?? Sing faster!"
"You mean I get to eat it now?" Pure Joy!
I don't know that she ate the entire cupcake, but I do know that she devoured the entire pile of frosting with gusto. Very impressive.
After dinner came presents! She got an Abby shirt, which I am amazed at how much she loves this shirt. She'd wear it everyday and to sleep in if I would let her. She got an easel to do her artwork on. She got a Dora backpack she can wear and a little Boots that fits inside. The pick from Daddy was the set of building blocks because every kid needs one. I must say, I love Amazon.com because of all the great deals I found!
Look how excited her Daddy is about the blocks! He spent lots of time building and playing. She did too.
She had to rock out her Abby shirt right away. She looks so big with a backpack on. Next post, the party!!







No comments:
Post a Comment