I'm a tired preggo lady who always stresses more when her hubby is on a business trip. Usually when I worry I plop in front of the tv with a glass of wine and a box of crackers and make myself feel better. See first sentence...preggo lady. No wine for me and if I eat too much I feel like my insides are going to come out my mouth. When I get the multiple text messages that hubby is on a plane on the tarmac in the middle of violent lightening storm with no one working on the tarmac because of the weather and the entire plane is shaking from the wind, I totally stress. I get the kid in bed (who I'm pretty sure is still awake with hiccups) and decide to take my nervous energy into being productive. (If you weren't aware my productivity level which has never been super mom high by any means has severely plummeted since I've been pregnant.) Not wanting to do my homework (hello procrastination) I decide to clean out the fridge since I didn't have time to recently due to our too busy schedule. There are tons of leftovers in tupperware and I begin to empty them into the disposal. Not really paying attention to what I'm doing because I'm getting text updates to hear the latest happenings I put too much in there then I should. I fill up the dishwasher, prepare to start it, and go about scraping food out of the Pampered Chef stoneware. (As you may know, these cannot go in the dishwasher because if soap touches them, apparently they explode or something awful. I don't really know what happens to them because I dutifully scrub mine with the teeny, tiny brown scraper dealy that came with it). Something stinks suddenly. Not surprising considering the yuck that has been emptied out. Little do I realize that the water is coming up the sink instead of down and the food I hoped to never see again was coming with it. Really???!!
Why did I not just throw away the plastic tupperware? No, wait, not Tupperware, I mean the plastic junk packages that the Hillshire meat comes in. Usually I do, but I thought there wasn't that much so I'd empty it. Why didn't I dump the food into the trash can and not the sink? I know better than this. Why did I just not go sit on my butt and fret like I normally do? Seriously, I can't even be productive when I'm trying to be productive!!
What do I do? Definitely not text Nathan about my job well done. I call my Dad and ask what to do. He suggests plunging it with the plunger that goes in the toilet. Ewww. Now I admit I have used the plunger on the toilet more than once. I keep telling myself that it's the really cool people that clog up the toilet and have to use the plunger. I'm really not comfortable using that same tool on my sink. Yes, I know everything can be cleaned, but again....ewwww. Next suggestion is liquid plunger which I don't have. Third is to let it drain on it's own and call a plumber.
So, I let it drain. Cleaned out the muck that looked like and smelled like vomit that was left in the sink. (All the while trying not to make my own vomit). Sprayed cleaner to try to disinfect the sink that probably feels violated from that stuff coming back up. Now my house went from normal Scentsy smell, to puking sink smell, to too strong of cleaner smell. (Is it my first trimester again??). I'm too scared to run the dishwasher because I worry all that crap will come up again. I am scared to call a plumber in the morning because it'll cost an arm and a leg that I don't have. (Guess I know why my Rhea Lana's consignment sale money I'm making will go to). I'm too scared to plunge it myself and try to fix it because I picture everything that's ever been down the sink will come flying up, drench my face, and somehow stick to the ceiling. So there's my first. I have never plugged up a sink before. I learned my lesson and plan to never do it again. Now I just have to fix the blasted thing. I look forward to the future when I can spend my nervous energy eating and drinking. I'm much better at that and it feels more comfortable than this. I'm awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment