Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pass the Peas, Please!

I'm a rule follower.  Never liked getting in trouble.  Tell me the rules, the directions, the instructions, and BAM! I follow them to a tee.  I'll even scold anyone else who doesn't follow them.  Don't you dare try to make up your own rules to Monopoly when I play with you.  If it's not in the seven pages of instructions that came in the folded up board, game than it's not happening in the three hours it takes us to play the game!

While this trait is a good one when I'm putting together a bookshelf, it is a struggle when I'm parenting.  My rule following, black and white attitude is the main reason I have such a hard time when the kids won't nap or follow the routine, or play Candyland correctly!!  (Only draw one card at a time, from the top!!).

The "rules" say you're supposed to wait until six months to start real food for babies.  I broke a rule....I started Evan on rice cereal a week and a half early!!  Whoa.... I know....call the police because I broke a rule without even stressing about it.   Yep, pretty proud of myself being a rebel and all.  Now that we've gotten through the cereals (Jane, MO doesn't sell Barley cereal...we are skipping it....that's two rules!!!) we are on to peas.  I think the rules, I mean recommendations are vegetables first.  I can't remember.  I'm a ruler follower, but sometimes I'm too lazy to find the rule book.

Evan was pretty excited.  I think he's ready to devour a cheeseburger so he'll hammer anything put in front of him.  I love him and Sidney sooooo much!!  Enjoy the pictures below.  Considering breaking the waiting a week between new foods rule too because it took such a long time to get to lots of different foods with Sidney.  I don't know though.  I've already broken so many rules.  Not sure if I can handle one more.
First bite of peas!  "This doesn't taste like oatmeal cereal!"

Wearing our peas on our chin

"Gimmie that spoon, Momma. I got this."

"Open wide, bro!"

"Get through the peas and you'll get to the good stuff soon!"

Sweetest kids of all time!  Sidney was impressed with the pea mess Evan made on his tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment