Friday, March 30, 2012

It's the Final Countdown!!! (doodoododoodoodoodo)"


The race is in less than 24 hours!!!  I cannot believe it!  Picked up my packet yesterday.  My bib number is #6.  One away from my favorite number 5.  That's pretty cool.  It's felt weird not running as much since I started tapering.  I'm getting nervous butterflies as if I'm about to get on a super fast roller coaster.  There may be 1,200 people doing the half tomorrow.  That number sounds really too high.  I know there are 800 doing the 5k.  That's a ton too.  Jason and Mom will be racing that one and Jaclynn and I are doing the half.  Hopefully we'll be able to find each other in the sea of people.

Nathan's going to wrangle the children and be there for the finish.  There's no need for all of Team Adams to bet there the whole time considering it'll take me over 2 1/2 hours to do the race.  I may not be super fast, but I am super proud to be running and it and finishing.  Jason hooked me up with some salt pills to take to keep my muscles nourished.  Also plan on taking some Immodium to keep from pooping behind a bush or tree or in someone's yard.  You never know?  I'm sure I'll be peeing my pants by mile 8 (Thanks, children).  Luckily around that time there are some pots on the side of the road I can use.  I hope to crash early tonight and get lots of sleep. (Please, Evan, let this be one of your nights you sleep for 12 hours....please, please, please.... maybe 10 or 8 or 7.  I'm not picky!)  Got to get all my gear ready too!  My watch is plugged in so it doesn't die during the race.  Must watch my pace!  Can't run faster than 11:40 till the end so I don't lose steam on the monstrous Crystal Bridges Hill.  Also have to pack the kids' gear for Nathan.  Fun, fun, fun!!  Got to go run, run, run!

Here are some running motivational posters for you if you need it!
That'll be me tomorrow!!  Running like Phoebe!
Will I be a puker tomorrow??  We'll see!
yep
"If you run, you are a runner.  It doesn't matter how fast or how far.  It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years.  There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get.  You just run." John Bingham (Much more inspirational!)

  




Found from Pinterest, Steve in a Speedo, and Youtube.

1 comment:

  1. Girl you rock! Run like Phoebe and be proud (one of my fav episodes BTW) No matter what, you are always lapping those of us on the couch or still in bed (yep, me!) Good luck! I will be thinking about you and can't wait to hear from you!! You got this!!!!

    ReplyDelete