Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I forgot

I forgot what it feels like to have 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.  I remember I like sleep and I am not a zombie when I get sleep.  I just can't remember that sing songy rested happy feeling you have in the morning when you get all the sleep that one requires.

Evan finally slept from 10 to 7 last night.  I shouldn't tell anyone this because when I do the next night he's up three or four times.  I'm living on the edge!  You'd think I too would have gotten that much sleep.  Nope.  Sidney was poking me in the face at 3:00 am because she needed her nightlight turtle turned on.  Yep, the one in her bed that she knows how to turn on.  That she could have stretched out her arm and click, "On!" like magic.  After tucking her back in with the turtle on, she suddenly needed a drink of milk.  The refrigerator light blinded me as I stumbled to grab the sippy cup.  She took a sip, no...a mouse sized sip, no....a snail sized sip (do snails drink stuff?) and handed it back to me.  I run into the wall with my shoulder trying to get back to the blinding refrigerator.  Why do I look at the light everytime?  I'm like the bugs on Bug's Life that get drawn to the bug zapper.  "It's so beautiful!!"  This interaction took less than 10 minutes, but I couldn't go back to sleep for like an hour.  Nathan was snoring away.  I poked him and got in his face.  "Sidney needs to wake you up at 3 in the morning," I hiss at him like a snake.  He says ok and rolls over to start snoring again.

Maybe tonight I can sleep 8 hours straight.  Or 7 or 6, but it's gotta be more than 4 in a row.  It's just gotta be. I'm too scared to take a nap even though both kids are in their rooms.  They can tell when I lay down.  They're watching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment