To quote Dora and Boots, some of Sid's favorites, "She did it! She did it! She did it!" (doodoodoodoodoo). I'm dancing too!! Sidney peed in her potty for the first time tonight!
Sidney's been very interested in the pot lately. For the past two or three weeks she's been consistently saying, "POOP!" after she goes pee or poo in her diaper. She sprints back to her room and wants changed right away. She's had a little potty for a while. Her Gramma bought her a pink pot awhile back and she has loved sitting on it with her pants on and playing. We started trying it without a diaper and she enjoys sitting on it. Nathan figured out how to put part of the attachment on the big pot so she can sit on that and she thought that was too cool.
We went to Barnes and Noble on Saturday and got her two books:Sesame Beginnings: Potty Time! and My Big Girl Potty. These books can only be read in the bathroom. The Sesame Street one stars Grover and there's a potty in it that has pee and you move a part to make it flush. The Big Girl Potty book is so great because the little girl is so similar to Sid. Sidney loves to answer the questions in the book and enjoys hearing the stories.
Tonight she sat on her pot while I was running her bath. As the water was filling up, I read her My Big Girl Potty book. While she was looking at the pictures she started to go! She didn't act like it was a big deal. I said, "Wow! Sidney, I think you just went peepee!" She nodded her head and said, "Yep!" I told her how proud I was and I ran and got Nathan. We all looked in the pot and cheered!! Then, just like the book we emptied the pot and Sidney got to flush. I'm so very proud of her!! She's so grown up so fast.

No comments:
Post a Comment