One of our most favorite people on the planet is Teresa's Meme, the lovely Mrs. Jeannete Long. She really is a Meme to all with a heart of gold. She's one of the most positive, loving people I have ever met. She makes you smile when you're around her and appreciate all you have. She even likes to enjoy a cold beverage after 5 o'clock which is awesome. Sidney and I visited her at her home back in January just to say hey. What an amazing visit! (No pics, sorry). Sidney enjoyed playing with some of Chaz's favorite kitchen toys and I enjoyed gleaning wisdom from this precious lady. One of the things she shared with me was her banana nut bread recipe. This post is about our first go around making it. Thank you Meme for being an amazing lady and for encouraging me to get a hand mixer!!
After getting all the ingredients ready (excluding nuts, I forgot....I'm preggo what can I say??), Sidney donned her new apron that Gramma C and Papi got her for Christmas.

The fun began! Sidney loved mixing everything together!

Her favorite part had to be the mashing of the bananas. I didn't let them dethaw quite enough so this part was probably harder then it should of been. She said, "Mush, mush, mush," while she mushed away. Check out the concentration!
After we poured it into the bundt pan, she hung out on her cooking stool while I put the banana bread in the oven. Doesn't she look 5?
I was jazzed to finally use my Pampered Chef bundt pan. I have had it forever!!
After an hour the house smelled delicous and we removed our masterpiece from the oven. I probably should have cooked it a little longer. It may not have been done all the way in the very center. Will adjust for next time, which will probably be sooner than later because I'm now craving deliciousness!!
So pretty!!
She did like it even though it doesn't look like it. It was some hard work!!
Yum!!







No comments:
Post a Comment