Sunday, March 20, 2011

Chicken Nugget Soup

Thursday we found out we are having a boy!!!  Nathan and I couldn't be more excited.  Sidney has been saying this whole time that she was having a brother.  When we told her we were definitely having a boy, she looked at us like we were crazy for not listening to her the entire time.  Now starts the fun of choosing a name.  We know the middle name will be David because that's Nathan's middle name and his Dad's.  I had my heart set on Jacob and he'd go by Jake.  Apparently, Nathan's not as big of a fan as he said he was 3 years ago before we knew what we were having with Sidney.  The hunt begins for something else.  His brilliant idea was Nathan David Adams II.  Ummmm....no.  He's never been a "I must hand down my name!" kind of guy.  I feel that's his name and his son should have his own unique name.  I said I'd only agree to it if I could call him J.R.  Nathan said no.  His next great idea was David Nathan.  He wants to introduce himself by saying, "Hi!  I'm Nathan David and this is my son David Nathan!"  Ummmmmm.....no!  I don't think he's really kidding.  Next was Aiden.  I love the name Aiden, but with our last name it sounds weird.  It would also make his initials ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) or AA (Alcoholics Anonymous).  UMMmMMMMM.....NO!!
Now we are looking at listings of names to try to come up with something.  If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.  I found Bendito which is kinda fun!!  (I kid!)  Sidney has named him Chicken Nugget Adams. Sometimes he's Chicken Nugget Soup Adams.  Today in church, the song writer of a hymn had a really long German name, something like Weis Van Nuder something.  Thought that was catchy!!  We have so much to do before little man gets here.  I guess this is one of those big things to get done.  I'm still pulling for Jake.  I just love it.  Don't know why.  Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. love the name jake! or david, or the viener shnitzel name you saw on the hymn! so glad it is a boy!

    ReplyDelete