I gave up Facebook for Lent. Jesus died for our sins so the least I can do is to give up my stalking addiction I have until Easter. Yesterday while most people were partying on Fat Tuesday, I was scrolling through my 200+ friends updates for one last time! I then turned off all my email notifications. No cheating! It wouldn't be fair to be updated through email even though I wasn't on it. I then deleted the app from my phone. I started thinking about how much time I spend on my phone messing around. I need to refocus on what's important (Sidney, Nathan, keeping up with the house, etc.) I don't want to turn around and Sid be 12 and always on the latest electronic device and not interacting with me. I know it'll happen some, but if I can lead by example then it may be easier to have her turn things off.
I didn't realize how many times I was on Facebook. I love to try to share my life through short, catchy phrases and sharing pictures of the family. It's so strange to be on there so often. Most of my friends I haven't spoken to face to face for over 13 years since high school (has it been that on???). I guess being a staying at mom it really helped me feel connected at first. Now it's turned into a routine to check it a million times a day. Looking forward to how that's going to change not that I'm taking some time off. I haven't even cheated or tried to get on today!
No comments:
Post a Comment