We decided to drive. We wanted to go via Memphis and then down through Alabama, but with the massive flooding I-40 was closed. We ended up going south so we stayed in Hattiesburg, MS. We stayed at a La Quinta because of the good price. We got what we paid for! It wasn't a hole by any means, but I don't think we'll be staying there again.
We made it to the hotel (motel) after 10ish hours. Yea!! Daddy drove most of the way. He looks tired.
Sidney's screaming VACATION!!
Fancy Mother's Day dinner at Outback steakhouse. Sidney got Blue Bell ice cream for desert (no eggs!!).
Getting some energy out at the playground at the McDonald's next to the La Quinta.
This is one of the biggest playgrounds I've ever seen.
We rented a beach house through vrbo. This site is a great resource for anyone who wants to rent a house or condo. We found the Bahama Breeze through Destin Days. It was a part of the Destin East neighborhood which is a gated community with a club house, pool, and minutes from the beach. Our house came with a street legal golf cart that we drove to the beach everyday! Here are some pics of the place. You'll want to go once you see it! We pulled up to Bahama Breeze after I finally figured out to enter the code on the gate. Apparently I'm a slow typer so it took quite awhile!!
Sidney's running through the formal living room. You can see the giant beachball through the door as it floats in the pool.
Formal dining room
Hallway to hallway half bath
Half bath
Master bedroom with a super big king size bed.
Hallway in the master bath which leads to the biggest bath tub I've ever seen.
This was so giant that when we bathed Sidney in it her head barely was over the top. We didn't need much water.
Nathan's favorite was the wet bar in the formal living room.
Breakfast nook, bar, and living room.
Bar and kitchen
Hall to garage and laundry room. Nathan's bringing in the important things for vacation!!
Sidney's room. She got to sleep in a king size bed. She was so little in such a big bed.
Sidney's bathroom
Extra bedroom. Peek, Sidney!!
My cool new car in the garage next to the street legal golf cart which had some cool American Flag stickers!
After we unpacked, we loaded up in the golf cart and headed to the beach. We couldn't figure out where to park and were really close to taking the golf cart on the beach. I'm so glad we decided against it because we would have been stuck! We parked it in a parking space by the Crab Trap and hit the sand.
Got to wear our life jacket!
First time in the ocean!
Nathan tried to sit her down. She was vertical for a few minutes until a small wave knocked her down. We didn't think to tell her about the salty water. We had driven so far and focused on unpacking. Whoops! Needless to say she became very gun shy of the water after that. I have her tumble on video. She ran out of the water and kept saying, "No, no, no, no. The ocean is too slippery right now to go in. I stay here." We had to carry from that moment on whenever she wanted to be brave and go in. It was pretty sweet with her clinging to us in the water.
Preggo on the beach!!
These three nice ladies stopped and took our picture during their walk. It was really nice of them.
Team Adams!
Nathan's looking for clams. He'd find one, bring it to Sidney, and then let her watch it bury itself back in the sand. I wonder if this angered the clam since they were probably in a spot they liked before being moved.
Sidney's first sandcastle experience in real sand!
Such a pretty beach and it wasn't crowded!
We went back to the house. Sidney and I swam while Nathan grilled out steaks, veggie packets, and rice. It was delicious!!
Sand castle building was Sidney's favorite thing to do at the beach, but back at the beach house her favorite had to be Swifering! She went to town throughout the whole place. Works for me!
Looking for more "messes" to clean.
Tuesday morning cuddle time with the Daddy-O before we hit the sands again!
Nathan swimming out to sea! This morning we saw three dolphins swimming near that sand bar you can see behind him. They were beautiful!
Back to digging! Not many pics from Tuesday. We did rent beach chairs and an umbrella and chilled most of the day until Nathan had to force me off the beach for naptime. Sidney kept telling him, "Daddy, I'm really having fun, but I'm so tired." I felt mean because I thought it was just him who wanted to go back. Oops!
Once we got back we hosed all the sand off in front of the house.
Brr! I don't know who was having more fun, Nathan or Sid??
Drink time!
Dancing time!
After naptime we got all cleaned up and killed some time at the playground in the neighborhood. Nathan was refusing to walk on the sand. Such a girl! :)
Big slide!
Swing time! Sidney loved these swings because they were like the ones at the Blue Park in Bella Vista.
This is a really bad angle of a picture. I'm bigger than the playground equipment! The tube thing is in a bad spot. Oh well.
View of the clubhouse and pool in the neighborhood.
Dinner at Fat Clemenza's! Doesn't Sidney look happy?? What a face!
Nathan found this place on Trip Advisor. It was authentic Italian with some hotty Italian waiters who didn't speak much English. If we lived in Destin this would be our new Las Fajitas. They made the best Bruchetta I have ever had.
Nathan ordered mussels and beans. He liked it very much! For dessert we had strawberry cake. I would have taken a picture, but it was literally demolished by the three of us in two minutes
Nathan paitently waiting for Sidney to climb into the car and her carseat. You would not believe the amount of time it takes her to do this. She is an extremely slow eater and she's even slower when she's getting into the car. We should have tracked how much time we spent standing there. Don't try to help her because the fit she throws is outrageous!!
She made it in. Finally. She even likes to connect the top buckle.
Wednesday we headed to Walmart and bought our own chairs and umbrella. It had a much better ROI and they were Razorback red!!!
Sidney being carried out to sea.
You could walk forever! Today when all three of us were out in the ocean a dozen dolphins swam less than a 100 yards away from us. It was incredible! I did lean over to Nathan and double check they were dolphins and not sharks. You never know!!
Sandcastle time!
Off to hunt for shells, my favorite past-time!
I got to carry her too! This is the day I totally bit it in the water while carrying her. A wave knocked me over, but I kept her a float! My knees came out a little bloody from the sand, but I'm a tough preggo. I'm sure I made some other beach patrons laugh as I tumbled.
So beautiful! I want to live here forever.
Evan liked it too! Nice bump!
Quit taking my picture!
He was very proud of his umbrella.
Last beach day!
Sidney loved pouring cold ocean water on her Daddy's leg.
She thought it was so funny!
He thought it was cold!
"Please fill up my buckets with water!"
Such nice Daddy. I can't count the number of times he did this.
And back to dumping!
This looks like a nice daughter/mommy moment. I was actually trying to get Sidney to pee because I didn't want to walk to the boardwalk and she didn't want to actually get in the water. This was as close as she would get to the water. Mom of the year! She eventually went when the waves washed up to us.
Not liking the waves!
Shell hunting
This is the curmudgeon seagull that ate a Cheez-it one of us through out in the sand. He stayed for awhile after that. He would squawk at any other birds that came by. He looked like such a bitter old man. So many other birds ended up hanging out he didn't get any more crackers. After that he was quite cranky!
My favorite picture from the whole trip. I love these two more than words can say.
Beach kisses!
I think they like each other.
Got to get the belly shot.
From both angles.
I lost my chair and my water.
We would like to stay in these houses next time. They are three story with their own private beach. The neighborhood is called Destiny by the Sea. Their gate comes with a guard. We tried to drive our golf cart in the neighborhood to check out the houses. He politely said, "No, go away." We tried.
This was a lovely home in our neighborhood!
Hitting the road on Friday. Nathan decided we would drive the whole way back. Took us 15 hours and a huge number of stops, but we made it right before midnight back at the house. I am so thankful we got to have this vacation. We all relaxed and had the best time. Can't wait to do it all again as a foursome some day.

























































































No comments:
Post a Comment