Thursday, September 30, 2010

Teaching?

I'm in grad school.  I'm on the sixth class of ten.  I'm a little restless and ready for a break longer than week.  This class it's Reflective Teaching so I actually had to do some teaching.  My good friend at school graciously let me observe her class and teach this week.  Man, alive!  I'm rusty.  The lesson went ok.  I just ran out of time and am not sure if all the students understand how to do equations.  I still can't believe fourth graders are doing algebra.  I didn't see it till eight grade.
I loved taking a moment to jump back in the teaching world, but to be honest I really loved coming home to my Muffin!  I know God has me at home right now with her for a reason.  I'm so grateful Nathan is supportive of me staying home, keeping house (still not that great at that, but am getting better), and continuing my education.  There's a lot on his shoulders and I never want to take what he does for our family for granted.  After being at home, I've gained a greater respect for Stay at Home Mom's and the difficult job they face daily.  After jumping back in the classroom, I've also gained a greater respect for Working Mom's.  It can't be an easy decision to have to go back to work (whether they want to or not) and it can't be easy coming home and switching hats from worker bee to Mommy.  At the end of the day (there's a work phrase for you) being a parent is no easy to task no matter how you do it.  It takes love, determination, and motivation to do what's best for our little ones.  The hugs that come with it don't hurt either.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment