Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Whoooooo Pig Sooiee!!

I so love those Hogs!  It's funny to me that I have become an even bigger Razorback out of college than in college.  Maybe I was too busy in school to pay attention to the sports side of it.  Nathan's parents always give us season tickets for Christmas.  This year we decided to bring Sidney with us on the season opener.  We later found out Josh and Amy would be bringing Sarah too.  I decked Sidney out in her Razorback cheerleader outfit, Hog color ribbons, and her new light up tennis shoes.  She could have taken the field.  We had an amazing parking pass and after getting a little turned around getting to our spot, we finally made it to tailgate.  Our tailgate consisted of a teeny cooler, sippy cup, and Dora fruit snacks!!  Nathan backed up our ride.  We popped open the purple chairs and officially had the best tailgating spot ever.  We'll have to bring more stuff next time.

Sidney wanted to go peepee in the pot.  She's very interested in all toilets right now since we are transitioning  to no diapers.  Our only option was the portapotty.  She did great by not touching anything.  That's what hand sanitizer is for right??  From far off we saw Tusk's trailer with all the Hog mascots.  Sidney waved enthusiastically at them and kept saying, "Hi!  Hi Hogs!  Hi!"  Didn't have my camera, but it was precious.  She seemed amazed that the Hogs in her University of Arkansas board book were real and waving.
We were so excited about our spot!  It was fabulous.

A nice man took our first family photo at a Razorback Game.

There wasn't any shade to speak of so we busted out the umbrella.  Sid looks like the umbrella is trying to eat her.

She decided she'd rather sit by Daddy.  Much safer.

We finally made it to the stadium.  First stop, Daddy had to buy Sidney pompoms.  When we got to our seats,  Sarah not only had the same pompoms, but the same outfit!  We didn't even plan this.  Too precious.  Yes, Sidney is wearing the monkey leash backpack.  Don't judge.  I'm not worried about her running off.  I'm worried about someone snatching her.  It makes me feel safer in crowds.  I used to make fun of people who leashed their children.  Now I'm a supporter if it's done well.  She loves her monkey backpack too so I don't feel bad about it.
Family photo!  Hello, Christmas Card.

Here's ours. Sid has the best facials. 


She had to try out the seat beside us before it got too crowded.

We got to take a picture with Sooie.  This was as close as Sidney wanted to get to her.  Since the game she's decided next time she's going hug, kiss, and talk to Sooie.  

She's ready to take the field and call those Hogs! We were also lucky enough to get our picture on the jumbotron.  The jumbotron at the stadium is one of the biggest in the country.  Sidney and her cousin were on it clapping and cheering.  I didn't get to see it because it happened so fast.  I caught a glimpse of her hair.  It's good to know the cameraman captured a superstar!
The game was great!  We totally won.  The action on the field was fun to watch.  Sidney loved listening to the band belt out Led Zeppelin tunes.  She's a rocker chic.  We left during the third quarter to beat traffic home.  Sidney was a little tuckered out from her first game day experience.  



Can't wait to take her to another game.  GO HOGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment